About Dr. Winston
North Houston Gastroenterology Clinic
The North Houston Gastroenterology Clinic's Dr. Winston, Houston's premier gastroenterologist, is a native Texan, born and raised in Galveston. Dr. Winston is a husband and proud father of 3 daughters, and currently lives in the Woodlands.
Dr. Winston knows how important it is to give back, and is known as a big supporter of the CCFA and NAM (Northwest Assistance Ministries), as well as a supporter of Medical Bridges, a service which helps distribute medical supplies to countries in need. Philanthropy is just one small part of Dr. Winston's Houston gastroenterology practice – he has over 30 years of experience, having been in private practice since 1977, and has been involved in Clinical Research since 1989 conducting over 180 clinical trials involving 60 pharmaceutical companies and clinical research organizations.
Dr. Winston's professional recognitions include the following:
- Board-Certified: American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Emory University Hospitals, Atlanta, GA
- Internship: Internal Medical, Emory University Hospitals, Atlanta, GA
- MD: University of Texas Medical School, San Antonio, TX
- Member: American College of Physicians, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Associates of Clinical Pharmacology, Texas Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Texas Medical Association, Houston Gastroenterological Association, Harris County Medical Society, Drug Information Association.