The North Houston Gastroenterology Clinic (NHGC) is proud to give back to the community by sponsoring local events and donating a portion of revenue to cancer research. Dr. Barry Winston has been practicing medicine in Houston since finishing his Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. He established the NHGC and Houston Colon Cancer Screening Center (HCCSC) in order to promote colon cancer awareness and gastroenterological wellness.
Along with fellow Houston gastroenterology associates, Dr. Winston helps to educate colleagues and the general public about advances in the field of gastroenterology. The NHGC will continue to serve the community located in North Houston.
- Dr. Winston was awarded the Gold Key Award for Clinical Researcher of the Year by the Crohns and Colitis Foundation. He was also Co-Chairman of the Gulf Coast Branch.
- Dr. Winston created and developed a Spanish language television medical show to promote health by providing information on various topics such as obesity, diabetes and nutrition.
- Community Clinic provider. www.communityclinic.net
- Gateway to Care provider. www.gatewaytocare.org
- Places to source information on involvement is CCFA.org